NSC expo
Subscribe or Register
View Cart  

Earn recertification points from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals by taking a quiz about this issue.

What's Your Opinion?

Is the term "accident" acceptable, or should "incident" always be used?

Take the poll and add your comment.

Vote   Results

Get the news that's
important to you.

Sign up for Safety+Health’s free monthly newsletters on:

  • Manufacturing
  • Mining, Oil and Gas
  • Transportation
  • Worker Health and Wellness
  • Subscribe today

    Water-resistant power strip

    April 1, 2011

    Tags
    • / Print
    • Reprints
    • Text Size:
      A A
    This unique power strip prevents electric shock and dangerous sparks when faced with water, while continuing to keep electronics powered. Great for outdoor use, the smart fuse and circuit breaker can sense excess overheating (231-249° F) and discontinue electric charge to prevent fires. It will last 4 times longer than the lifespan of normal power strips.

    Wet Circuits

    Post a comment to this article

    Safety+Health welcomes comments that promote respectful dialogue. Please stay on topic. Comments that contain personal attacks, profanity or abusive language – or those aggressively promoting products or services – will be removed. We reserve the right to determine which comments violate our comment policy.