NSC teams up with Energizer on ‘button battery’ safety

Reprints

Coin lithium batteries can be found around most homes in everyday items such as remote controls, flameless candles, and a variety of health and fitness devices. If swallowed by a child, these batteries, also known as “button batteries,” can cause serious injury. The National Safety Council is working with Energizer – the first company to introduce child-resistant packaging for coin lithium batteries that complies with standards from the Consumer Product Safety Commission – to bring awareness to this issue and help keep children safe.