DOL announces new members of federal advisory committee
Washington – Secretary of Labor Thomas Perez has appointed two new members to the Federal Advisory Council on Occupational Safety and Health.
The new members, announced May 7, will represent federal agency management, and their terms will run through Dec. 31, 2017:
- Gary Wayne Helmer, safety division chief at the National Transportation Safety Board
- Patricia Worthington, director of the office of health and safety at the Department of Energy
In addition, Perez reappointed four existing members to serve through 2017:
- Catherine Emerson, chief human capital officer, Department of Homeland Security
- Gregory Junemann, international president, International Federation of Professional and Technical Engineers
- Milagro Rodriguez, occupational health and safety specialist, American Federation of Government Employees
- Richard S. Williams, chief health and safety officer, NASA
FACOSH advises the secretary of labor on matters related to the safety and health of federal employees. The committee is composed of eight members representing management and eight members representing federal employees.