Perez announces maritime advisory committee membership
Washington – Secretary of Labor Thomas Perez has announced the newly appointed members of OSHA’s Maritime Advisory Committee for Occupational Safety and Health.
The committee is composed of 15 members. Of those, four individuals each represent the government, employees and management, and three represent safety and health professionals. Members of the committee, which comprises both newly appointed and reappointed individuals, are:
- Robert Fiore, International Longshoremen’s Association
- Ed Ferris, International Longshore and Warehouse Union
- James A. Reid, International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers
- Matthew Layman, U.S. Coast Guard
- Miriam Bolaffi, U.S. Navy
- David Turner, Ceres Terminals Inc.
- Gunther Hoock, Signal Administration
- Larry Liberatore, American Society of Safety Engineers
- James Rone, Washington State Department of Labor and Industries
- Chelsea Woodward, NIOSH
- Robert Godinez, International Brotherhood of Boilermakers – Iron Ship Builders
- Donald V. Raffo, General Dynamics Corp.
- Solomon Egbe, Ports America Chesapeake
- Amy Sly Liu, Marine Chemist Association
- James R. Thornton, American Industrial Hygiene Association
Post a comment to this article
Safety+Health welcomes comments that promote respectful dialogue. Please stay on topic. Comments that contain personal attacks, profanity or abusive language – or those aggressively promoting products or services – will be removed. We reserve the right to determine which comments violate our comment policy. (Anonymous comments are welcome; merely skip the “name” field in the comment box. An email address is required but will not be included with your comment.)