Will OSHA ‘recalibrate’ VPP? Agency schedules stakeholder meeting
The purpose of the meeting is to help OSHA “recalibrate” VPP so it “continues to represent safety and health excellence, leverages partner resources, further recognizes the successes of long-term participants and supports smart program growth,” the agency states.
OSHA is seeking comments on the following:
- What can OSHA do to enhance and encourage the efforts of employers, workers and unions to identify and address workplace hazards through VPP?
- How can the agency support increased participation in VPP while operating with available resources and maintain the integrity of the program?
- How can the agency modify VPP to enhance the efforts and engagement of long-term VPP participants?
- How might the agency modify the corporate VPP for greater leverage and effectiveness?
- How can the agency further leverage participant resources, such as Special Government Employees?
Comments are due Sept. 15.