Free webinar for Safe + Sound Week: Effective safety and health programs
Dallas — In support of OSHA’s Safe + Sound Campaign, OSHA Region VI and its Education Centers are hosting a free webinar intended to raise awareness of the value of an effective safety and health program.
Available for viewing Aug. 13-19, the one-hour webinar will include information on management leadership, education and training, program evaluation and improvement, and communication.
According to OSHA, a safety and health program helps employers:
- Prevent workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Improve compliance with laws and regulations.
- Reduce costs, including significant reductions in workers’ compensation premiums.
- Engage workers.
- Enhance social responsibility goals.
- Increase productivity and enhance overall business operations.
OSHA calls Safe + Sound Week “a nationwide event to raise awareness and understanding of the value of safety and health programs that include management leadership, worker participation, and a systematic approach to finding and fixing hazards in workplaces.”