‘Take 3 in 30’: Safe + Sound campaign challenge targets management
Washington — A new 30-day challenge is aimed at helping employers bolster safety leadership.
Part of the annual Safe + Sound campaign promoted by OSHA, NIOSH and numerous safety organizations, the Take 3 in 30 challenge calls on managers to complete three actions in 30 days to advance workplace safety and health culture. Recommended actions include, but aren’t limited to:
- Make safety part of daily conversations with workers.
- Walk the jobsite to identify hazards.
- Conduct a short safety meeting.
- Request a no-cost, confidential OSHA consultation.
- Create a safety video.
- Establish goals and objectives for a safety and health program.
- Recognize workers who meet or exceed safety and health goals.
- Find or become a safety mentor.
- Display a flyer or poster about workplace safety.
Participants are encouraged to list and share their actions on social media using the hashtags #Take3in30 and #SafeAndSoundAtWork. A virtual challenge coin is available online for managers who complete the challenge.
“Take 3 in 30” is among the quarterly events associated with the Safe + Sound campaign, which includes the third annual Safe + Sound Week, set for Aug. 12-18.