On the Safe Side podcast Episode 7: COVID-19 and mental health concerns
A discussion about the pandemic’s impact on workers and employers, and how personal stories can elevate safety training
EDITOR’S NOTE: Each month, the Safety+Health editorial team discusses important safety topics, and interviews leading voices in the profession.
In Episode 7, the Safety+Health team welcomes University of South Florida public health professor Marissa Levine to discuss how COVID-19 is impacting the mental health of workers and employers. Also, we examine how telling stories can make safety lessons stick. In our Safe Side pop quiz, the editors share which foods they're missing this year with the cancellation of local fairs and festivals.
Web links associated with this episode:
- Tell them a story, a feature in the September issue of Safety+Health by Associate Editor Kevin Druley
- The next wave? NSC webinar explores worker mental health during and after COVID-19 pandemic
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- National Alliance on Mental Illness Helpline
- Search your favorite podcast app for “On the Safe Side.” Please let us know if your app doesn’t show a listing yet.
- Subscribe to the podcast using the RSS feed.
More ways to listen:
- The podcast’s media page on the Safety+Health website
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
Listen to past episodes.