NTSB to host public meeting on ‘Most Wanted’ list
Washington — The National Transportation Safety Board has scheduled a virtual public meeting for April 6 to finalize its 2021-2022 Most Wanted List of Transportation Safety Improvements.
The list, updated every two years, is a communication strategy through which NTSB “identifies its top safety improvements that when made will prevent accidents, reduce the number and severity of injuries, and save lives.”
Issues on the most recent list, announced in February 2019, are:
- Implement a comprehensive strategy to reduce speeding-related crashes
- Improve safety of Part 135 aircraft flight operations
- Reduce fatigue-related accidents
- Strengthen occupant protection
- Require medical fitness – screen for and treat obstructive sleep apnea
- Fully implement positive train control
- Eliminate distractions
- End alcohol and other drug impairment
- Ensure the safe shipment of hazardous materials
A link to the webcast will be available shortly before the start of the meeting, slated for 9:30 a.m. Eastern.