New from NSC: virtual forklift operator training
Itasca, IL — Learn the basics of safe forklift operation with the new virtual instructor-led Lift Truck Operator Training course from the National Safety Council. Striking the right balance between in-person classroom training and self-paced online training, the OSHA-compliant course’s interactive design* integrates group-based activities and hazard-based scenarios presented with graphically rich visual materials. Topics include:
- Moving with and without a load
- Picking up and stacking a load
- Special considerations, such as trailers, ramps and elevators
- Working safely around forklifts
- Compliance with OSHA’s standards on powered industrial trucks (1910.178 and 1926.602)
The course is capped at 30 participants so students can receive individualized attention, with plenty of time for questions. Book a spot for your operators now at nsc.org/lifttruck.
*To complete the course, hands-on skills testing will need to be performed by a trained evaluator at an employer’s location and on the employer’s equipment. The NSC Lift Truck Operator Train-the-Trainer course is available for would-be skill evaluators.