On the Safe Side podcast Episode 27: Lightning safety and aging workforce discussion
EDITOR’S NOTE: Each month, the Safety+Health editorial team discusses important safety topics, and interviews leading voices in the profession.
In Episode 27, the S+H editorial team discusses lightning safety for workers as the summer months approach. The team is also joined by NIOSH social scientist Gigi Petery, co-director of the agency’s National Center for Productive Aging and Work, to discuss how aging workers can enjoy success on the job.
Web links associated with this episode:
- Protect workers when lightning strikes: This feature story by Associate Editor Barry Bottino appears in the May issue of Safety+Health magazine.
- OSHA fact sheet on lightning safety when working outdoors
- NIOSH’s National Center for Productive Aging and Work
- Gigi Petery, [email protected]
- NCPAW, [email protected]
|This episode is sponsored by KPA.|
|Don’t miss the next one: Sign up to be notified in an email about each new “On the Safe Side” podcast episode.|
- Search your favorite podcast app for “On the Safe Side.” Please let us know if your podcast app doesn’t show a listing.
- Subscribe to the podcast using the RSS feed.
More ways to listen:
- The podcast’s media page on the Safety+Health website
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music (Say "Alexa, play On the Safe Side podcast.")
Listen to past episodes.
Post a comment to this article
Safety+Health welcomes comments that promote respectful dialogue. Please stay on topic. Comments that contain personal attacks, profanity or abusive language – or those aggressively promoting products or services – will be removed. We reserve the right to determine which comments violate our comment policy. (Anonymous comments are welcome; merely skip the “name” field in the comment box. An email address is required but will not be included with your comment.)