DOL announces members of OSHA construction advisory committee
Washington — The Department of Labor recently announced the new roster of members for its Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health.
The 15-member committee advises DOL and OSHA on upcoming standards affecting the construction industry and “the administration of safety and health provisions” in the Construction Safety Act of 1969. Members are appointed by the labor secretary and represent the interests of the public, employers, employees, and state and federal government.
According to a notice published in the May 26 Federal Register, the committee members are:
- Christina Trahan Cain, North America’s Building Trades Unions (ACCSH chair)
- Liliana A. Calderon, International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers
- Ryan Papariello, Laborers’ Health and Safety Fund of North America
- Kenneth G. Seal, International Union of Painters and Allied Trades
- Robert Seman, International Union of Operating Engineers
- Kevin Cannon, Associated General Contractors of America
- Matthew Compher, Quanta Services Inc.
- Michael P. Lawler, Walsh Construction Co.
- Greg Sizemore, Associated Builders and Contractors
- Mindy Uber, Skanska USA Building Inc.
- Marissa G. Baker, University of Washington
- Eric D. Fidler, The Manitowoc Co. Inc.
- Christopher Scott Mabry, North Carolina Department of Labor
- Charles Stribling, Kentucky Labor Cabinet Department of Workplace Standards
NIOSH’s G. Scott Earnest, whose term is indefinite, remains the federal government representative. All of the other members are set to serve two-year terms that expire May 15, 2025.