Fire council offers free classes, requests feedback
Greenbelt, MD – For a limited time, the National Volunteer Fire Council is offering 16 health and safety classes at no cost.
Fire service members and industry professionals teach the courses, which include resources, quizzes and certificates of completion.
The free classes include:
- Brotherhood vs. Parenthood: Finding your Life Balance
- Cancer in the Fire Service: A Growing Epidemic
- Emergency Vehicle Safe Operations
- Obesity in the Fire Service
- Putting Out the Fire: Stress Resilience Strategies
In addition, the council has created a questionnaire seeking feedback on health and safety issues for firefighters. The survey asks 20 questions and will be available until Nov. 17. Fire department members and others can participate – responses are anonymous.
NVFC is a membership association for volunteer fire, emergency medical services and rescue services.