NSC teams up with Energizer on ‘button battery’ safety

September 11, 2013

Coin lithium batteries can be found around most homes in everyday items such as remote controls, flameless candles, and a variety of health and fitness devices. If swallowed by a child, these batteries, also known as “button batteries,” can cause serious injury. The National Safety Council is working with Energizer – the first company to introduce child-resistant packaging for coin lithium batteries that complies with standards from the Consumer Product Safety Commission – to bring awareness to this issue and help keep children safe.