Sponsored by Bulwark Protection
People have lots of questions about how to properly wear flame-resistant/arc-rated clothing, as well as about the pros and cons of wearing it. In this webinar, experts from Bulwark Protection will explain why FR/AR clothing is important and how the science behind it is leading the personal protective equipment to be compliant.
What you’ll also take away:
- Why resistance to FR/AR clothing exists.
- FR/AR clothing is not complicated – culture is.
- How FR/AR science is leading to compliance.
- The pros and cons of daily wear vs. task-based programs.
- Best practices to improve buy-in to your FR/AR program.
Derek Sang, Technical Training Manager, QSSP, CSHEP, Bulwark Protection
Derek has been involved with the FR clothing industry in a variety of roles – in the service, manufacturing and garment sides of the business – for more than 20 years.
He has developed and conducted 250-plus educational and informational seminars on the hazards of arc flash and flash fire. As a technical training manager, Derek has developed more than 40 hours of training curriculum for Bulwark University. These training efforts cover all aspects of FR clothing, assisting companies in how to properly design and implement an FR clothing program, and complying with OSHA 1910.132 training requirements for PPE.
Along with being a recognized subject matter expert, Derek is also a qualified safety sales professional; certified environmental, health, safety professional; certified safety health and environmental technician; and qualified trainer for low voltage based on NFPA 70E.
Recent publications include:
- “Understanding, Selecting and Caring for FR/AR Clothing,” Incident Prevention Magazine, June 2019
- “How to Navigate the FR/AR Clothing Marketplace,” Workplace Material Handling & Safety, March 2019
- “Keys to effective FR garment programs,” Industrial Safety & Hygiene News, February 2017
- “How to Navigate the FR Clothing Market,” Incident Prevention Magazine, June 2015
- “Designing an FR Clothing Program for O&G,” ASSE PDC, June 2015
- “Importance of NFPA 2112,” Oil Review Middle East, August 2014
- “The Importance of Specifying NFPA 2112 Certified Garments for Flash Fire Protection,” Occupational Health & Safety, March 2014
The views of webinar speakers and organizations are their own and do not necessarily reflect those of the National Safety Council or Safety+Health magazine. Any mention of a commercial enterprise, product or publication does not mean the council or magazine endorses those items.
Barry Bottino, Associate Editor, Safety+Health magazine.
Barry covers worker safety for Safety+Health.
Now you can watch – and listen to – the webinars you missed
- Watch: Find the event you're interested in on the webinar archive index page.
- For the first three months after the live webinar date, you must register for the event to watch it on the on24.com website.
- After three months, you can watch any archived webinar video right on its event page here.
- Listen on: