On the Safe Side podcast Episode 16: Hazard communication training and women in safety
EDITOR’S NOTE: Each month, the Safety+Health editorial team discusses important safety topics, and interviews leading voices in the profession.
In fiscal year 2020, OSHA’s standard on hazard communication (1910.1200) was No. 2 on the agency’s Top 10 list of most cited standards. In Episode 16, we discuss our feature story on hazard communication training, including why employers have issues with that portion of the standard and ways to reinforce training on the job. Also: Veteran safety professional Pam Walaski talks about the challenges and opportunities for women in safety.
Web links associated with this episode:
- Hazcom training: Written by Associate Editor Alan Ferguson and published in Safety+Health’s June issue.
- Try a new interactive version of our GHS pictogram quiz and forward the link to to employees.
- Women and safety leadership: ‘A cultural shift’: Written by Associate Editor Kevin Druley and published in the February issue of the magazine.
- Search your favorite podcast app for “On the Safe Side.” Please let us know if your podcast app doesn’t show a listing.
- Subscribe to the podcast using the RSS feed.
More ways to listen:
- The podcast’s media page on the Safety+Health website
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
Listen to past episodes.