On the Safe Side podcast Episode 26: Language barriers at work and preventing falls in construction
EDITOR’S NOTE: Each month, the Safety+Health editorial team discusses important safety topics, and interviews leading voices in the profession.
In Episode 26, the S+H editorial team examines how language barriers can affect workplace safety. In addition, Jessica Bunting, director of the Research to Practice initiative at CPWR – The Center for Construction Research and Training, discusses the ninth annual National Safety Stand-Down to Prevent Falls in Construction, set for May 2-6.
Web links associated with this episode:
- ‘We can benefit the team’: This feature story by Associate Editor Kevin Druley appears in the April issue of Safety+Health magazine.
- OSHA’s National Safety Stand-Down to Prevent Falls in Construction homepage
- CPWR’s Stop Construction Falls webpage
- CPWR’s One Stop Stand-Down Shop
- Search your favorite podcast app for “On the Safe Side.” Please let us know if your podcast app doesn’t show a listing.
- Subscribe to the podcast using the RSS feed.
More ways to listen:
- The podcast’s media page on the Safety+Health website
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music (Say "Alexa, play On the Safe Side podcast.")
Listen to past episodes.