On the Safe Side podcast Episode 27: Lightning safety and aging workforce discussion
EDITOR’S NOTE: Each month, the Safety+Health editorial team discusses important safety topics, and interviews leading voices in the profession.
In Episode 27, the S+H editorial team discusses lightning safety for workers as the summer months approach. The team is also joined by NIOSH social scientist Gigi Petery, co-director of the agency’s National Center for Productive Aging and Work, to discuss how aging workers can enjoy success on the job.
Web links associated with this episode:
- Protect workers when lightning strikes: This feature story by Associate Editor Barry Bottino appears in the May issue of Safety+Health magazine.
- OSHA fact sheet on lightning safety when working outdoors
- NIOSH’s National Center for Productive Aging and Work
- Search your favorite podcast app for “On the Safe Side.” Please let us know if your podcast app doesn’t show a listing.
- Subscribe to the podcast using the RSS feed.
More ways to listen:
- The podcast’s media page on the Safety+Health website
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music (Say "Alexa, play On the Safe Side podcast.")
Listen to past episodes.