On the Safe Side podcast Episode 41: Influence in safety and trenching/excavation hazards
EDITOR’S NOTE: Each month, the Safety+Health editorial team discusses important safety topics, and interviews leading voices in the profession.
In Episode 41, the S+H team examines the July issue’s feature story on influence in safety. Also, Mike Kassman from CPWR – The Center for Construction Research and Training discusses trenching and excavation safety in the “Five Questions With …” segment.
Web links associated with this episode:
- “The power of influence”: This feature story by Associate Editor Barry Bottino appears in the July issue of Safety+Health magazine.
- “What’s being done to protect workers from heat illness?”: This story by Associate Editor Kevin Druley appears in the July issue of S+H.
- “Trenching and excavation”: This feature story by Associate Editor Alan Ferguson appears in a recent issue of S+H.
- My Story: Safety pros share their journey into the EHS profession in this monthly feature. Email [email protected] to submit your safety origin story.
- CPWR trench safety resources
- “Lockout/tagout update now ‘long-term’ action in latest regulatory agenda”
- “Coming soon: National Emphasis Program on warehouse safety”
- Search your favorite podcast app for “On the Safe Side.” Please let us know if your podcast app doesn’t show a listing.
- Subscribe to the podcast using the RSS feed.
More ways to listen:
- The podcast’s media page on the Safety+Health website
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music (Say "Alexa, play On the Safe Side podcast.")
Listen to past episodes.