On the Safe Side podcast Episode 5: Regulation by shaming?
Can an OSHA press release shame unsafe employers into compliance? Also: A discussion with safety consultant Abby Ferri
EDITOR’S NOTE: Each month, the Safety+Health editorial team discusses important safety topics, and interviews leading voices in the profession.
In Episode 5, the Safety+Health editorial team looks at one economist’s research on the impact of OSHA press releases. And safety superstar Abby Ferri talks about teaching during the pandemic, safety and superheroes.
Web links associated with this episode:
- ‘Regulation by Shaming’: Study explores impact of OSHA press releases, an article in the July issue of Safety+Health by Associate Editor Barry Bottino
- Abby Ferri:
- Read her contribution to the My Story series, first person accounts of how Safety+Health readers got their start in the EHS field.
- Ferri was a source for Associate Editor Kevin Druley's 2018 feature story, After the incident: Crisis communication in the digital age.
- Online: @SafetyAbby on Twitter; abbyferri.com, home to her blog; and the Safety Justice League podcast to which Ferri contributes.
- Search your favorite podcast app for “On the Safe Side.” Please let us know if your app doesn’t show a listing yet.
- Subscribe to the podcast using the RSS feed.
More ways to listen:
- The podcast’s media page on the Safety+Health website
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
Listen to past episodes.