On the Safe Side podcast Episode 24: How an OSHA ETS works and ladder safety
EDITOR’S NOTE: Each month, the Safety+Health editorial team discusses important safety topics, and interviews leading voices in the profession.
In Episode 24, the S+H editorial team discusses some frequently asked questions about how OSHA emergency temporary standards and regulations work. Also, Christina Socias-Morales, an epidemiologist in the NIOSH Division of Safety Research, joins us to discuss National Ladder Safety Month, coming in March.
Web links associated with this episode:
- OSHA ETS:
- “OSHA regulations and emergency temporary standards: Your questions answered.” This feature story, written by Associate Editor Alan Ferguson, appears in the February issue of S+H magazine.
- Links to regulation URLs that Ferguson mentions, beginning at the 09:12 mark in the audio file:
- Email alerts at federalregister.gov: Type the agency name (i.e. OSHA) in the search box. Click the "Subscribe" link on the right side of the page.
- Comment on regulations at regulations.gov: Enter a docket ID (i.e. OSHA-2022-0001).
- White House regulatory agenda at reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgendaMain
- OIRA listing of major regulations at reginfo.gov/public/do/eoReviewSearch
- Ladder safety:
NIOSH Ladder Safety App
- Search your favorite podcast app for “On the Safe Side.” Please let us know if your podcast app doesn’t show a listing.
- Subscribe to the podcast using the RSS feed.
More ways to listen:
- The podcast’s media page on the Safety+Health website
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
Listen to past episodes.