2016 NSC Congress & Expo
An online guide to the world’s largest annual event for environmental, health and safety professionals
Join the National Safety Council Oct. 15-21 in Anaheim, CA, for the 2016 NSC Congress & Expo – the world’s largest annual event for environmental, health and safety professionals.
The event offers attendees prime networking opportunities with more than 14,000 professionals at the forefront of safety.
The show kicks off with the Opening Session, “Make Building a Safer Workplace a Reality,” featuring remarks from NSC President and CEO Deborah A.P. Hersman, NSC Chairman John Surma and NFL legend Terry Bradshaw.
Other highlights include the Executive Forum on “The Art & (Neuro)science of Safety,” presented by the Campbell Institute at the National Safety Council. The forum will explore the concepts of visual literacy and brain-oriented safety. Also, be sure to check out the Occupational Keynote, “Understanding Workplace Violence: On the Job – On the Lookout,” which can help you and your organization “identify at-risk employees and develop strategic and systemic countermeasures to protect your people.”
Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of educational opportunities, including 27 Professional Development Seminars designed to help enhance your overall safety efforts, and more than 100 Technical Sessions with topics ranging from incident investigation to OSHA rescue requirements.
When you have free time, head to the Expo Floor, where you’ll find more than 1,000 exhibitors showcasing innovative safety products and solutions. And don’t forget to check out the 2016 “Best in Show” New Product Showcase, back for its second year, located at booths 1936 and 1940.
Congress & Expo Online
Note: In the September issue of our print magazine and its digital edition, Safety+Health lists every 2016 NSC Congress & Expo session, event and exhibitor. For web readers, here are links to online and mobile resources. Use this page:
- To plan your conference experience
- For reference while attending the show in Anaheim
- To soak up Congress information and buzz from a distance
Click on a tab to view related online resources. Links will open in a new browser window.
2015 attendees answer the question, "Why do you come to NSC Congress & Expo?" Play the video:
On the congress.nsc.org website:
- Daily event schedule
- Keynote speakers
- NSC Division and Section meetings
More than 1,000 companies will be exhibiting this year.
- Searchable exhibitor list and expo floor plan
- "Best in Show" New Product Showcase Awards. Vote for your favorite safety product beginning Sept. 1 online, or find a voting kiosk at the show.
- Safety+Health advertisers on the Expo floor: On Display
- Stop by the Safety+Health booth – #1455, right next to the National Safety Council Learning Lab.
2015 exhibitors testify to the quality of the Expo's networking and lead generation opportunities. Watch the video:
Explore things to see and do in Anaheim.
Make the most of your time with the 2016 Congress & Expo app for iPhone or Android:
- Access exhibitor info and floor plan
- Search for sessions or speakers that interest you
- Save your favorites to your planner
- Find Anaheim event information
- Follow the "Buzz" channel for updates
Whether you'll be attending or following from afar, sign up to receive this year's show daily, a newsletter published each day of the Expo by the staff of Safety+Health magazine and delivered in email. We'll be covering keynote addresses, OSHA's Top 10 violations for 2016, National Safety Council announcements and more.