OSHA offering free employer resources for National Safety Stand-Down
Washington — To help employers prepare for the fifth annual National Safety Stand-Down to Prevent Falls in Construction, set to take place May 7-11, OSHA is offering a number of online resources.
Falls are the leading cause of death among construction workers, according to NIOSH, accounting for one-third of the industry’s fatalities.
Among the resources:
- Downloadable English and Spanish versions of the 2018 Stand-Down poster
- A calendar detailing free and open-to-the-public events
- Toolbox talks with suggested activities
- A lesson plan for employers to use to help train workers
- An archived webinar – hosted by the Center for Construction Research and Training (also known as CPWR) and NIOSH on March 31 – that provides an overview of what the stand-down is about and what’s on the agenda for this year, among other topics
According to OSHA, millions of construction workers have participated in stand-downs since the campaign began, with events taking place in all 50 states and internationally.