Texas offering classes on basics of workers’ comp
Austin, TX – Free classes designed to help injured workers navigate the compensation claim process are being offered in certain cities in Texas through the state’s Department of Insurance’s Division of Workers’ Compensation.
Available both in English and Spanish, the classes cover the basics of workers’ compensation and will take place at DWC field offices.
The following topics will be covered:
- A summary of the state’s workers’ comp system
- An injured worker’s rights and responsibilities regarding compensation claims
- Income and medical benefits for injured workers
- Guidance for a safe, successful return to work following a work injury
- The dispute resolution process