Safe T Boy and Safe T Girl share elevator/escalator tips
Mobile, AL – The Elevator Escalator Safety Foundation has launched a campaign to help inform children on how to safely use elevators, escalators and moving walkways.
The Safe-T-Rider Program features a video, an activity sheet and mascots named Safe T Boy and Safe T Girl.
The foundation offers the following tips for safely riding elevators:
- Be careful where you step.
- Don’t touch closing doors.
- If the doors remain closed, press the alarm button and wait.
- Don’t use elevators during a fire – take the stairs.
EESF also provides the following guidance for using escalators and moving walkways:
- Use caution when stepping on and off.
- Don’t bring strollers onto an escalator or moving walkway.
- Hold the handrail.
- Supervise younger children.
- Refrain from touching the sides below the handrail.
- Don’t ride facing backward.