NSC welcomes new members to board of directors
The new members are:
- David B. Burritt, president and CEO, U.S. Steel Corp.
- David Dickson, president and CEO, McDermott International Inc.
- Ursula English, vice president of environment, health and safety, The Boeing Co.
- Michelle Garner-Janna, executive director of corporate health and safety, Cummins Inc.
- James Merendino, vice president and general manager of risk control, Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Jerry Wascom, vice president of operational excellence, safety, security, health and environment, Exxon Mobil Corp.
- Shelley Scalzo Brown, director of safety, health and environment, AECOM
- David Daniels, safety officer, DeKalb County, Georgia’s Department of Watershed Management
- Rod Hamson, president, Utah Safety Council
“The National Safety Council Board has helped the organization make significant strides toward achieving its mission of eliminating preventable deaths, and we look forward to new individuals contributing to this goal,” Chairman Mark Vergnano said in an Oct. 21 press release. “These men and women bring a wealth of experience to the board, and their knowledge will go a long way toward making our world safer for all.”