Executive Edge workshops highlight emerging safety technologies
Houston — Emerging technologies continually influence workplace safety, but how might they enhance the landscape going forward?
On Tuesday, attendees of the Campbell Institute’s Executive Edge workshops at the 2018 National Safety Council Congress & Expo examined the future of safety technology amid an ever-changing landscape.
In the first of two sessions, “Analytics, Metrics, and Machine Learning,” presenters discussed ways to use analytics, data lakes and cognitive computing to impact environmental safety and health. Speakers at Workshop A included:
- Sean Allen, manager, information technology/analytics/global safety delivery centers, IBM
- Mike Brown, team lead, analytics and applications integration, IBM
- Monika Buchanan, director, global EHS operations, The AES Corp.
“We are only limited by our imagination,” Brown told attendees.
During the second workshop, “Tools, Training, and Tactics,” presenters took an interactive approach to implementing existing and emerging technologies, such as wearables. Speakers at Workshop B included:
- Jonathon Greene, business strategy adviser, Exxon Mobil Corp.
- Ethan Lesueur, manager, security, surveillance, and immersive technology, Exxon Mobil Corp.
- Pramod Palat, director, occupational safety, Cummins Inc.