NSC announces new members of board of directors
Itasca, IL — The National Safety Council has a new chair of its board of directors, as well as 11 new members, the council announced Nov. 12.
Andrew Johnson, executive vice president and chief risk control officer at Captive Resources, is the new chair. Johnson succeeds Mark Vergnano, president and CEO of The Chemours Co.
“I am honored to be the new NSC board chair and look forward to the positive impact the new board members will have on the work the council is doing,” Johnson said in a Nov. 12 press release. “As an NSC board member since 2012, I am well-versed on the important role our members play when it comes to furthering the NSC objective of eliminating preventable deaths in our lifetime. I am confident the new board members have the understanding and know-how to meaningfully contribute to the mission.”
The 11 new board members voted in are:
- Paul Aasen, president, Minnesota Safety Council
- Dane M. Bremer, director of global business continuity, employee safety, enterprise security and business continuity, Liberty Mutual Insurance
- James W. Connell Jr., executive vice president and chief customer officer, Centuri Group Inc.
- Kathleen Eaton, vice president of safety, building services and energy management, The Home Depot
- Cheryl Gomez-Smith, director of operations excellence personnel safety and global security, Exxon Mobil Corp.
- Rose McMurray, chief transportation safety advisor, FDRsafety LLC
- Travis Parsons, associate director of occupational safety and health, Laborers’ Health & Safety Fund of North America
- Jane Sinclair, general counsel and company secretary, Firmenich International SA
- Brad Thomas, president, First Transit and First Vehicle Services for FirstGroup plc
- Chantal Trépanier, president, SIM/Cognibox Inc.
- Glenn Trout, CEO and president, VelocityEHS
“We are thrilled to welcome our new board members and excited about the depth and breadth of experience they bring to help advance safety,” NSC President and CEO Lorraine M. Martin said in the release. “I am eager to collaborate with them to enhance safety on the road, at work, and in our homes and communities, furthering the NSC mission.”