Washington L&I offers advice for working in hot weather
Tumwater, WA – The Washington State Department of Labor & Industries recently released tips for safely working outdoors in hot weather.
L&I recommends employers provide training about heat-related illnesses and how to prevent them, including:
- Remaining hydrated by drinking a cup of water every 15 minutes
- Watching co-workers for signs of heat-related illnesses
- Taking breaks and pacing oneself while working
- Wearing lightweight clothing
- Avoiding consuming caffeine or eating heavy meals before working