CDC Foundation provides tips on workplace flu prevention
Atlanta – With flu season on the horizon, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Foundation is sharing information to help workers protect themselves from the disease.
Among the information released is an infographic with facts about vaccination, how the flu impacts workers and how to avoid spreading germs.
Annually, 5 percent to 20 percent of Americans contract the flu, resulting in $10.4 billion in medical bills and $16.3 billion in lost wages, according to the infographic. Nearly 60 percent of reported flu hospitalizations are adults 18 to 64 – the general age range of workers.
The agency shares the following tips for employees:
- Get vaccinated each year.
- Encourage others to get vaccinated.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home from work when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.