Free workbook aims to help measure safety culture
Silver Spring, MD – Managers hoping to improve their workplace safety climate can reference a new workbook from the Center for Construction Research and Training (also known as CPWR).
Strengthening Jobsite Safety Climate features eight worksheets that help assess safety culture and share ideas on how to improve it. Ideas include involving safety in company mission statements, organizing daily meetings and documenting near misses. The individual worksheets are:
- Demonstrating Management Commitment
- Aligning and Integrating Safety as a Value
- Ensuring Accountability at All Levels
- Improving Supervisory Leadership
- Empowering and Involving Workers
- Improving Communication
- Training at All Levels
- Encouraging Owner/Client Involvement
The publication is geared toward construction managers, safety professionals and hourly craft workers. A print copy can be obtained, while supplies last, by contacting email@example.com.