Free online toolkit available for Drive Safely Work Week
Vienna, VA – In conjunction with Drive Safely Work Week (Oct. 3-7), the Network of Employers for Traffic Safety is offering a free online toolkit to help employers keep workers and their families safe on the road.
The campaign, Drowsy, Distracted or Focused – Your Decisions Drive Your Safety highlights the following:
- Understanding how the quality and quantity of sleep affect daily performance.
- Knowing the signs and risk factors of drowsy driving.
- Identifying driver behaviors that contribute to the majority of crashes.
- Exploring the dangers of using cell phones and other mobile devices while driving.
- Emphasizing the need for slowing down and buckling up.
Traffic crashes cost employers more than $47 billion annually, with expenses split almost evenly between on- and off-the-job incidents, according to NETS. The group cited National Highway Traffic Safety Administration data showing driver behavior is a factor in 94 percent of all crashes.
“The Drive Safely Work Week campaign is an opportunity for employers to address road safety with all employees, not just those in driving-focused roles,” NETS Board Chairman Dane Bremer said in a press release.
Post a comment to this article
Safety+Health welcomes comments that promote respectful dialogue. Please stay on topic. Comments that contain personal attacks, profanity or abusive language – or those aggressively promoting products or services – will be removed. We reserve the right to determine which comments violate our comment policy. (Anonymous comments are welcome; merely skip the “name” field in the comment box. An email address is required but will not be included with your comment.)