Chemistry council releases guidance for spray polyurethane foam training
Washington – A free resource from the American Chemistry Council’s Center for the Polyurethanes Industry offers guidance on developing training or advertising media depicting spray polyurethane foam application.
The document, “Guidance for Video or Images Showing Spray Polyurethane Foam Application (.pdf file),” recommends the following steps:
- Determine the type of installation or sealant product being shown.
- Use the product in accordance with its Material Safety Data Sheet.
- Follow relevant OSHA requirements.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment, such as respirators, gloves, footwear and disposable coveralls.
- Include good housekeeping practices and engineering controls in the video.
- Consider Federal Trade Commission requirements for “green” marketing claims.
- Consider fire safety during taping.
Post a comment to this article
Safety+Health welcomes comments that promote respectful dialogue. Please stay on topic. Comments that contain personal attacks, profanity or abusive language – or those aggressively promoting products or services – will be removed. We reserve the right to determine which comments violate our comment policy. (Anonymous comments are welcome; merely skip the “name” field in the comment box. An email address is required but will not be included with your comment.)