OSHA federal advisory committee set to meet Sept. 8
Washington – A public meeting of the Federal Advisory Council on Occupational Safety and Health is scheduled to meet Sept. 8 in Washington.
The agenda includes updates on:
- Federal agencies’ efforts to improve workplace safety and health and return-to-work outcomes for injured federal workers
- A FACOSH subcommittee status review of Federal Field Safety and Health Councils
- The Department of Labor’s 2015 data collection of federal agency injuries/illnesses
- Agency activities for prevention of the Zika virus
- Department of Defense use of a safety and health management system
- OSHA’s Safety and Health Program Management Guidelines
- New occupational safety and health training guidelines for senior federal agency management
The meeting will take place from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Eastern in Room N-3437 at the Department of Labor Frances Perkins Building. Comments and speaking requests are due Sept. 1. They may be submitted online at www.regulations.gov; faxed to (202) 693-1648; or mailed to the OSHA Docket Office, Docket No. OSHA-2016-0002, Room N-2625, U.S. Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20210.