MSHA awards $400K in mine safety training grants
Arlington, VA — The Mine Safety and Health Administration has awarded $400,000 in safety training grants to six organizations as part of its Brookwood-Sago Mine Safety Grants Program.
The recipients are:
- University of Arizona, Tucson
- South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, Rapid City
- United Mine Workers of America, Prosperity, PA
- Colorado Department of Natural Resources, Denver
- Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals, and Energy, Big Stone Gap
- West Virginia University Research Corp., Morgantown
Individual grants range from $50,000 to $100,000. According to MSHA, the funding will assist the organizations with establishing and initiating education and training programs aimed at recognizing and mitigating safety and health hazards in and around mines.