FMCSA announces new advisory committee members
Washington – The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration on June 17 announced five new members of the Motor Carrier Safety Advisory Committee.
The new members are:
- Robert Abbott, vice president for safety policy, American Trucking Associations, Arlington, VA
- Paul Claunch, Major, Arkansas Highway Police, Little Rock, AR
- Henry Jasny, vice president and senior counsel, Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety, Washington
- Janice Mulanix, assistant chief, California Highway Patrol, Sacramento, CA
- Calvin Studivant, motorcoach driver, Community Coach Inc., Paramus, NJ
The committee met June 20-22 to discuss recommendations regarding patterns of safety violations by motor carrier management; the severity rating system under FMCSA’s Compliance, Safety, Accountability program; the U.S. and Mexico cross-border trucking program; and electronic onboard recorder implementation.