On the Safe Side podcast: Special episode on National Safety Month
EDITOR’S NOTE: Each month, the Safety+Health editorial team discusses important safety topics and interviews leading voices in the profession.
In this special 2023 National Safety Month episode, the S+H team examines the four weekly themes for this year’s NSM – emergency preparedness; slips, trips and falls; heat-related illness; and hazard recognition – with special guest David Consider, a senior safety consultant at the National Safety Council.
Web links associated with this episode:
- NSC’s free National Safety Month resources
- NIOSH’s Emergency Preparedness and Response Program
- An OSHA resource on slips, trips and falls
- OSHA’s Fall Protection website
- “The Hierarchy of Controls”: This feature story by Associate Editor Alan Ferguson appeared in Safety+Health magazine.
- “How well do you understand the Hierarchy of Controls?” Take the S+H quiz.
- OSHA’s Heat Exposure webpage
- OSHA’s Hazard Identification and Assessment webpage
- Search your favorite podcast app for “On the Safe Side.” Please let us know if your podcast app doesn’t show a listing.
- Subscribe to the podcast using the RSS feed.
More ways to listen:
- The podcast’s media page on the Safety+Health website
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music (Say "Alexa, play On the Safe Side podcast.")
Listen to past episodes.