2018 NSC Congress & Expo
The largest annual event for environmental, health and safety professionals, the National Safety Council Congress & Expo is where safety professionals go to further their education, network with safety peers, and explore the latest products and services.
This year’s event, set to take place Oct. 20-26 in Houston, is packed with more than 150 Technical Sessions, Professional Development Seminars and NSC Learning Lab sessions. The Expo Floor will be home to 1,100 exhibiting companies, as well as the announcement of OSHA’s “Top 10” most cited violations for fiscal year 2018.
Be sure to check out the keynote sessions. NSC President and CEO Deborah A.P. Hersman will kick off the event Oct. 22 during the Opening Session, sharing the stage with U.S. Navy Adm. William H. McRaven (ret.), former commander of the U.S. Special Operations Command. The Executive Forum will explore the role of the safety professional in a world of emerging technologies such as drones, wearables, automation and more. Corrie Pitzer, CEO of SAFEMap International and the Leadership Keynote speaker, will discuss what he calls the “third wave” of safety. Ed Emmett, director of the Harris County (TX) Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, will round out the keynote addresses by sharing the lessons learned after Hurricane Harvey.
While you’re at the show, don’t forget to visit the lobby area, where the contenders for the fourth annual New Product Showcase Awards will be on display. Vote for your favorite product and then attend the Leadership Keynote to find out which products were selected. (You can also vote online starting Oct. 1.)
Congress & Expo Online
Note: In the September issue of our print magazine, Safety+Health lists every 2018 NSC Congress & Expo session, event and exhibitor. For web readers, here are links to online and mobile resources. Use this page:
- To plan your conference experience.
- For reference while attending the show in Houston.
- To soak up Congress information and buzz from a distance.
Click on a tab to view related online resources. Links will open in a new browser tab or window.
On the congress.nsc.org website
- Daily event schedule
- Keynote speakers
- Professional Safety Network and Division meetings
Expo: Oct. 22-24
- Searchable exhibitor list and Expo Floor plan
- Stop by the Safety+Health booth – #2941, across from the NSC Resource Center.
- "Best in Show" New Product Showcase Awards. Vote online for your favorite safety products beginning Oct. 1, or vote onsite in the lobby area near the product showcases.
- Safety+Health advertisers on the Expo Floor: On Display
Follow the show from your inbox
Whether you'll be attending or following from afar, sign up to receive this year's show daily, an email newsletter published each day of the Expo by the staff of Safety+Health magazine. We'll be covering keynote addresses, OSHA's Top 10 violations for 2018, National Safety Council announcements and more.
A must-have tool for Congress & Expo attendees
Congress can be an overwhelming event – unless you organize your time. Get the event app for iPhone and Android.
- Access exhibitor info and floor plan
- Search for sessions or speakers that interest you
- Save your favorites to your planner
- Find Anaheim event information
- Follow the "Buzz" channel for updates