On the Safe Side podcast Episode 45: Common electrical safety errors and chemical safety
EDITOR’S NOTE: Each month, the Safety+Health editorial team discusses important safety topics, and interviews leading voices in the profession.
In Episode 45, the S+H team examines the November issue’s feature story on common electrical safety errors. Also, T.J. Lentz, a lead health scientist at NIOSH, joins the podcast to discuss workplace chemical safety in the “Five Questions With …” segment.
Web links associated with this episode:
- “5 common electrical errors”: This feature story by Associate Editor Kevin Druley appears in the November issue of S+H.
- My Story: Safety pros share their journey into the EHS profession in this monthly feature. Email [email protected] to submit your safety origin story.
- “Fall protection again leads OSHA’s annual ‘Top 10’ list of most frequently cited standards”
- NIOSH Directory of Chemical Safety Resources
- EPA Chemicals, Pesticides and Toxics Topics webpage
- OSHA Chemical Hazards and Toxic Substances webpage
- OSHA Hazard Communication Standard
- National Safety Council 5-Minute Safety Talk: Chemical Safety
- NSC 5-Minute Safety Talk: Identifying chemical health hazards and preventing injuries (English and Spanish)
- The American Industrial Hygiene Association’s Chemical & Material Hazards website
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists
- "Prevent heat-related illnesses during pregnancy: New tip sheet from OSHA"
- "Finalized hazcom standard update may be issued soon: OSHA official"
- "NSC’s Jane Terry guest stars on live recording of ‘On the Safe Side’ podcast"
- Future dates for NSC Safety Congress & Expo
- Search your favorite podcast app for “On the Safe Side.” Please let us know if your app doesn’t show a listing.
- Subscribe to the podcast using the RSS feed.
More ways to listen:
- The podcast’s media page on the Safety+Health website
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music (Say "Alexa, play On the Safe Side podcast.")
Listen to past episodes.