On the Safe Side podcast Episode 44: Respirable crystalline silica and mental health at work
EDITOR’S NOTE: Each month, the Safety+Health editorial team discusses important safety topics, and interviews leading voices in the profession.
In Episode 44, the S+H team examines the October issue’s feature story on respirable crystalline silica. Also, Suzi Craig, vice president of workplace mental health at Mental Health America, joins the podcast to discuss normalizing conversations and attitudes around mental health in the “Five Questions With …” segment.
Web links associated with this episode:
- “Respirable crystalline silica”: This feature story by Associate Editor Alan Ferguson appears in the October issue of Safety+Health magazine.
- “Help reduce the stigma around workers’ mental health”: This feature story by Associate Editor Kevin Druley appeared in the October 2022 issue of Safety+Health magazine.
- My Story: Safety pros share their journey into the EHS profession in this monthly feature. Email [email protected] to submit your safety origin story.
- “Supporting worker mental health: New videos from OSHA”
- “Workplace violence in health care: Lawmakers seek stiffer penalties”
- “Bill aimed at readying workplaces to respond to opioid overdoses”
- “White House reviewing MSHA rule on surface mobile equipment safety”
- Mental Health America
- MHA online screening tests
- MHA “2022 Mind the Workplace” report
- Search your favorite podcast app for “On the Safe Side.” Please let us know if your app doesn’t show a listing.
- Subscribe to the podcast using the RSS feed.
More ways to listen:
- The podcast’s media page on the Safety+Health website
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music (Say "Alexa, play On the Safe Side podcast.")
Listen to past episodes.