On the Safe Side podcast Episode 8: Hearing loss prevention in the workplace
A discussion with a NIOSH expert on preventing hearing loss, and the safety implications of diversity, equity and inclusion
EDITOR’S NOTE: Each month, the Safety+Health editorial team discusses important safety topics, and interviews leading voices in the profession.
In Episode 8, the Safety+Health team discusses the importance of hearing loss prevention efforts in the workplace with Thais Morata, a NIOSH research audiologist. Also, we talk about the safety and health impacts of diversity, equity and inclusion on workers.
Web links associated with this episode:
- Diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace: ‘A safety issue’, a feature in the October issue of Safety+Health by Associate Editor Kevin Druley
- Safe In Sound Awards
- NIOSH Noise and Hearing Loss Prevention topic webpage
- NIOSH Sound Level Meter app
- NIOSH Hearing Loss Prevention Programs
- Controls for Noise Exposure
- Search your favorite podcast app for “On the Safe Side.” Please let us know if your app doesn’t show a listing yet.
- Subscribe to the podcast using the RSS feed.
More ways to listen:
- The podcast’s media page on the Safety+Health website
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
Listen to past episodes.