Supplier Corporate Profile: Howard Leight/Honeywell Safety Products
Howard Leight/Honeywell Safety Products
San Diego, CA
Howard Leight®/Honeywell Safety Products is a leading global provider of passive and intelligent hearing protection solutions, and the founder of the HearForever® initiative. For over 30 years, Howard Leight has pursued the prevention of occupational hearing loss through innovation in hearing protection design, technology, performance and comfort, and the promotion of progressive Hearing Conservation Programs.
Howard Leight leads the industry by offering the most choices of in-ear hearing protection. And as the leader in innovation, only Howard Leight is continually developing new designs, materials and technologies that take comfort and protection to the next level.
Leading solutions include:
- The VeriPRO® earplug fit-testing system makes it easy for safety managers to get an accurate, real-world assessment of their employees’ hearing protection. VeriPRO measures the Personal Attenuation Rating (PAR) for each employee, works with any earplug from any manufacturer, fulfills regulatory requirements to ensure proper initial fitting of hearing protection, documents training and proper fit for new or existing employees, and provides an ideal opportunity for one-on-one education.
- Sync™, the next generation of stereo earmuffs, delivers the proper levels of hearing protection in hazardous noise environments with high-fidelity stereo sound from users’ personal portable audio MP3 players. With new designs and technologies that provide both hearing protection and true listening enjoyment, Sync entices usage to deliver protection from noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL) on the job or at home.
- An extension to the flagship MAX single-use earplug family, the reduced size of new MAX® Small earplugs offers people with smaller ear canals a more comfortable fit and high attenuation (NRR 30). MAX Small has the same bell shape and patented varied-cell polyurethane foam as the standard MAX earplug, though is 20% smaller in geometry.
- Honeywell Safety Products’ QUIETPRO® QP100Ex intelligent hearing protection and communication system delivers smart personal hearing protection, verifiable personal sound exposure monitoring, fully adaptive situational awareness, and clear in-ear communication with co-workers in person or by radio throughout a full range of noise environments.
- Developed in conjunction with international energy company Statoil, and based on technology deployed to U.S. and NATO forces, QUIETPRO QP100Ex not only connects workers to their environment and co-workers, but it is the only system that provides verifiable hearing protection throughout the work shift – transforming a worker’s hearing and ability to communicate clearly from a point of vulnerability to a productivity advantage.
- HearForever initiative is an ongoing campaign by Howard Leight to build awareness about the risks, dangers and consequences of noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL). The campaign’s dedicated website, www.hearforever.org, provides information on the latest advances, research and discoveries of noise-induced hearing loss detection and prevention. The site is an extensive source for educational, informative and motivational materials authored by Hearing Conservation experts to help prevent noise-induced hearing loss both on and off the job.
Information in Supplier Corporate Profiles is provided by the featured companies.