National Safety Month Week 2
Achieving a work-life balance can be a challenge, and it’s easy to forget a simple necessity: Take care of yourself. According to research from NIOSH, more than 20 percent of workers are obese, don’t get enough physical activity or are short on sleep. Commit to making your health and wellness a priority. Some tips:
- Stay as active as you can. Instead of using the elevator, take the stairs. Got 20 minutes to spare before a meeting? Go for a walk.
- Take advantage of your workplace’s wellness program, if available.
- Get up out of your chair and move around if your job requires you to sit for long periods of time.
- Make sure you’re sleeping at least seven hours a night. Not getting enough sleep regularly – or chronic sleep deprivation – has been linked to depression, obesity, heart disease and other illnesses.
- Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water.