Free webinar: Protecting temp workers from noise exposure
During the free event, Jennifer Kim, a certified industrial hygienist with OSHA, will focus on “what staffing firms and host employers can do to ensure that temporary workers are protected from exposure to noise in accordance with OSHA standards,” the webinar notice states.
Topics to be covered include:
- How OSHA determines recommended noise exposure limits.
- Elements of a hearing conservation program.
- The staffing firm’s responsibilities.
- The host employer’s responsibilities.
- How OSHA can help employers ensure the safety of their workers.
“Noise, or unwanted sound, is one of the most pervasive occupational health problems,” the notice states. “It is a byproduct of many industrial processes. … Generally, prolonged exposure to high noise levels over a period gradually causes permanent damage. OSHA’s Occupational Noise Exposure Standard is designed to protect workers with occupational noise exposures from hearing impairment through implementation of noise controls, including a hearing conservation program.”