OSHA advisory committee adds members, seeks more
Washington — The Department of Labor has appointed six members to the National Advisory Committee on Occupational Safety and Health and is accepting nominations for two vacancies.
According to a July 28 press release, the members began their two-year terms on Aug. 1. They are:
- Jessica Garcia (labor representative), Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union
- Michael Larranaga (public representative), REM Risk Consultants
- Andrew Perkins (management representative), Alabama Power Co.
- Ray Ruiz (occupational safety representative), American Equity Underwriters
- Suzanne Teran (occupational health representative), University of California, Berkeley
- Jay Withrow (public representative), Virginia Department of Labor and Industry
Larranaga and Teran were designated by the Department of Health and Human Services.
The 12-member committee advises, consults with and makes recommendations to the secretaries of labor and health and human services on matters relating to workplace safety and health.
The nominations to fill the two vacancies are for an HHS-designated public representative and an HHS-designated occupational health professional representative. Those members are expected to start their two-year terms on Nov. 16.
Nominations are due Aug. 29.