COVID-19 pandemic: CDC develops guidance for airline, airport and transit workers
Atlanta — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has published a series of fact sheets for airport, airline and transit employers to help protect their workers from exposure to COVID-19.
Each of the 12 fact sheets contains steps employers should take, tips for workers based on specific job tasks, instructions on which surfaces should be cleaned and disinfected, a link to the Environmental Protection Agency’s list of approved disinfectants for use against the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) that causes COVID-19, and links to other COVID-19-related online resources.
The fact sheets cover:
- Airline customer service representatives and gate agents
- Airline catering kitchen staff
- Airline catering truck drivers and helpers
- Aircraft maintenance workers
- Airport baggage and cargo handlers
- Airport custodial staff
- Airport passenger assistance workers
- Airport retail or food service workers
- Bus transit operators
- Rail transit operators
- Transit maintenance workers
- Transit station workers
The fact sheets explain how COVID-19 can spread, describe who is at higher risk for more serious complications and list the disease’s common symptoms.