On the Safe Side podcast Episode 17: Humor in safety and protecting workers from heat illness
EDITOR’S NOTE: Each month, the Safety+Health editorial team discusses important safety topics, and interviews leading voices in the profession.
Do humor and safety go together? In Episode 17, the Safety+Health editorial team discusses how the two should – and should not – co-exist in safety presentations. Also: Brenda Jacklitsch, a health scientist in the division of safety integration at NIOSH, offers helpful information on keeping workers safe in the heat.
Web links associated with this episode:
- Humor in safety: This feature story appeared in the July 2021 issue of Safety+Health magazine and was written by Associate Editor Barry Bottino.
- Heat illness:
- OSHA-NIOSH Heat Safety Tool App: Learn about this helpful resource for planning outdoor work activities in the heat.
- Read tips on working safely in the heat.
- Watch a clip from a National Safety Council first aid course. © 2015 National Safety Council.
- Learn more about NSC first aid and CPR training – including online and classroom training for learners, and courses and materials for instructors.
- Search your favorite podcast app for “On the Safe Side.” Please let us know if your podcast app doesn’t show a listing.
- Subscribe to the podcast using the RSS feed.
More ways to listen:
- The podcast’s media page on the Safety+Health website
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
Listen to past episodes.