New program aimed at helping workers understand health benefits, well-being programs
Washington — The National Business Group on Health has partnered with more than 20 employers on an effort to boost employee engagement and improve their experience with employer-provided health benefits and well-being programs.
The newly launched Leadership Forum on Employee Experience will identify strategies employers can use to better emphasize and streamline communication to employees about benefits and programs. Focus areas include:
- Personalizing employee communications.
- Using data and analytics, as well as mobile technology and digital platforms.
- Integrating delivery systems and point solutions.
- Employing health advocacy navigator and concierge services.
- Optimizing health plan design and incentives.
According to a 2018 survey conducted by Alight Solutions and NBGH, only 53 percent of respondents said they understand and manage their health services. Further, about 25 percent said their benefits system was too difficult to understand.